Do you have an extra glucometer in your supplies? A chronic condition such as diabetes can be life threatening if our fragile medical supply chain is disrupted and medication or supplies to test are not available. Having adequate supplies- an extra glucometer with...
Are You Prepared For A Cyber Security Attack?
Cyber security is more important than ever as more and more personal information is available online.
Cyberattacks are malicious attempts to access information or damage a computer or network system. Cyberattacks can lead to information leaks, money loss or theft of sensitive information. On a larger scale, it can affect organizations, communities and the nation.
Cybersecurity involves preventing, detecting and responding to cyberattacks. Taking a few small steps can make your information more secure and can prevent loss of finances and valuable information.
Here are a list of steps to take to protect yourself and your information:
- Limit the amount of information you share online and change privacy settings to not use location services.
- Make sure to update software, applications, and operating systems up to date.
- Create strong passwords. Use Upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special characters.
- Do not use the same password for multiple accounts.
- Use a password manager and two methods of verification whenever possible.
- When in doubt do NOT click on unknown links, especially if they ask for personal information. More than 90% of successful cyber attacks start with a phishing email.
- Protect your home or business by using a secure internet connection and Wi-Fi network.
- Change passwords frequently
- Don’t share PINs or passwords.
- Use devices with biometric scans when possible.
- Check your account summaries and credit reports regularly.
- If you do have to share personal or financial information online, make sure it is a secure site that begins with https://. Using a virtual private network (VPN) can also provide a secure connection.
- Use antivirus (ex: Norton), antimalware (ex: Malwarebytes), and firewalls to block threats.
- Back up your files regularly in encrypted files.
- The government will NOT call, text, or contact you via social media about owing money.
- Brooke Lounsbury
Medical Content Writer
Keeping you informed and safe.
Medical Preparedness – Diabetes
Popular Pesticide That Was Recently Banned Associated With Type 2 Diabetes
(This is part 1 of a series on diabetes, other parts will delve into labs, testing, prevention and management of diabetes) A recent study revealed that Thai farmers exposed to different pesticides found an association between 3 different pesticides and onset of type 2...
The Ongoing Adderall Shortage
The ongoing Adderall shortage seems to have no end. Teva, the largest manufacturer of Adderall, is experiencing “ongoing intermittent manufacturing delays” due to increased demand. Every year, the DEA sets a quota — a limit on the amount of raw materials for many...